If you need demolition work done but don't know where to start, you've come to the right place!
Demolition doesn't have to be complicated. Here are some of the most common questions people have...
Where can I learn more about the demolition process?
Right here! Check out Demolition 101 or any of our many demolition guides, tips, and more...
- The Homeowner's Guide to Demolishing a House
- Deconstruction vs. Demolition: When to Deconstruct a Building
- Should I demolish and rebuild or renovate my house?
Mobile Home Demolition
- The Homeowner's Guide to Swimming Pool Demolition and Removal
- Swimming Pool Removal FAQs: Quick Answers to Common Questions
- Choose the Right Inground Pool Removal Method
Garage and Shed Demolition
Interior Demolition and Remodels
- The Homeowner's Guide to Interior Demolition
- Create a Home Remodeling Plan in 10 Simple Steps
- Bathroom Remodeling 101: Costs, Safety, and How to Get Started
- Kitchen Remodeling 101: Costs, Safety, and How to Get Started
- The Homeowner's Guide to Underground Tank Removal
- The Homeowner's Guide to Above Ground Oil Tank Removal
How much does demolition cost?
As you might guess, demolition costs can vary depending on the type of demolition (interior demolition, commercial demolition, etc.), the extent of the demolition work, whether or not hazardous materials are present, and who you hire to do the work, among other things.
Learn more about average costs:
- Demolition per sq. ft.
- House demolition
- Inground swimming pool removal
- Garage demolition
- Concrete driveway removal
- Bathroom demolition
- Kitchen demolition
Can I perform demolition work myself?
While it's certainly possible to do demolition work yourself, it isn't always advised. There are a million things that can go wrong during demolition, so the DIY route should only be taken if you have experience doing the work and are confident in your abilities.
Learn more about DIY demolition:
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Starting a DIY Demolition Project
- Small Demolition Projects: DIY or Hire a PRO?
- Wall Demolition Tips for the DIY Homeowner
- Pros and Cons of DIY Bathroom Demolition
How do I find the best demolition contractor for my project?
Hometown makes it beyond easy to find the ideal contractor for you and your project, whether you're demolishing an entire house or ripping out a concrete driveway.
Start by going to HometownDemolitionContractors.com, then enter the name of what you need to be removed (e.g. house, shed, pool, etc.). We'll ask you a couple follow-up questions to determine which contractors fit your needs. Then, we'll show you all the contractors in your area that offer that service.
From there, you can read company profiles and see what other customers have to say about their experience working with that contractor. You can request quotes from as many contractors as you'd like, making it easy for you to compare contractors and save.
Keep reading about finding the right contractor: