When you need excavation, demolition, and other construction services for your residential or commercial property, turn to the experienced team at Jones Excavating Of Charleston. We use the best equipment to handle house demolition, pool removal, and more.
Oil Tank Removal in Coal Fork, WV
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
Tank Removal Tips for Coal Fork, WV
Tips for Removing Tanks
The History of Oil Tanks
- 1859 — Oil is discovered and stored in wooden barrels.
- Late 1800s — The first steel storage tanks are produced to keep valuable oil safe.
- 1922 — First standards for steel storage tank safety are developed.
- 1930s — Underground storage tanks are now the preferred storage method, opposed to the previously preferred above ground storage tanks.
- 1960s — Tank owners grow more frustrated and more concerned with oil loss due to tank corrosion.
- 1970s — Concerns begin to spread regarding the environmental impact of oil tank leaks.
- 1988 — The EPA sets a deadline for upgrading underground tank systems, putting new tank regulations into place.
- 1990s — Many begin closing and removing their tanks due to the widely known environmental and health risks.