Serving Warren, Pennsylvania and surrounding areas, Fox & Sons Excavating is proud to provide exceptional services for a fair price. Our team is adept at clearing away the old and making way for the new, whatever that may ...
Oil Tank Removal in Lakewood, NY
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
Heenan Excavating & Grading goes above and beyond to provide unparalleled residential and commercial demolition, excavation, and grading services. We care deeply about the greater Tidioute community and work hard to do what we can to improve it. Don’t ...
Jenkins Plumbing & Excavation is Chautauqua County’s premier source for plumbing, demolition, and excavation services. They specialize in garage demo, pool removal, deck removal, fence wrecking, and light structural demolition.
Tank Removal Tips for Lakewood, NY
Tips for Tank Removal
How can I tell if my oil storage tank is leaking?
It's pretty easy to monitor an above ground storage tank and spot leaks quickly, but it's not as easy to do so with underground storage tanks. Some of the most obvious signs that an underground oil tank is leaking include:
- Vegetation in the area of the tank is dead or dying
- The soil by the tank is darker than surrounding native soils.
- Heating oil odors can be detected in the house or coming out of the ground
- Fuel consumption spikes even though the weather isn't colder than normal
- Your well water develops a strange taste, odor, or color
- An oily rainbow sheen is visible beneath the tank
- Fill pipe is stained
- Water is in fuel lines
Call a tank testing company right away if you see any of these signs.