Oil Tank Removal in Grandy, NC
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
32046, 31950, 30774
Compare Demolition Quotes
Tank Removal Tips for Grandy, NC
Tips for Removing Tanks
What is the history of oil tanks?
- 1859 — Oil is discovered and stored in wooden barrels.
- Late 1800s — The first steel storage tanks are produced to keep valuable oil safe.
- 1922 — First standards for steel storage tank safety are developed.
- 1930s — Underground storage tanks are now the preferred storage method, opposed to the previously preferred above ground storage tanks.
- 1960s — Tank owners grow more frustrated and more concerned with oil loss due to tank corrosion.
- 1970s — Concerns begin to spread regarding the environmental impact of oil tank leaks.
- 1988 — The EPA sets a deadline for upgrading underground tank systems, putting new tank regulations into place.
- 1990s — Many begin closing and removing their tanks due to the widely known environmental and health risks.
Find out more: Removing an Oil Tank? Start Here.