Petersen Fencing provides Atlantic, Iowa with unbeatable services. Residential and commercial customers rely on us to provide them with extensive demolition services. Our equipment and experience allow us to complete oil tank removal on time and within budget.
Oil Tank Removal in Irwin, IA
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
Nearby Places for Tank Removal
Tank Removal Tips for Irwin, IA
Tips for Tank Removal
How can I tell if my oil storage tank is leaking?
It's pretty easy to monitor an above ground storage tank and spot leaks quickly, but it's not as easy to do so with underground storage tanks. Some of the most obvious signs that an underground oil tank is leaking include:
- Vegetation in the area of the tank is dead or dying
- The soil by the tank is darker than surrounding native soils.
- Heating oil odors can be detected in the house or coming out of the ground
- Fuel consumption spikes even though the weather isn't colder than normal
- Your well water develops a strange taste, odor, or color
- An oily rainbow sheen is visible beneath the tank
- Fill pipe is stained
- Water is in fuel lines
Call a tank testing company right away if you see any of these signs.