DMMT, based out of Ithaca, MI, provides a full range of commercial and residential demolition, removal, and cleanup services. We tackle mobile home demolitions, office cleanouts, interior renovations, tank removals, and much more. You can trust our experienced staff to deliver quality results for every project.
Oil Tank Removal in Riverdale, MI
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
4500 Fitzner Rd, Lakeview MI 48850
As a family owned and operated business, Pleasant Valley Farms Excavating takes customer service very seriously. For more than 12 years, we have worked tirelessly to provide exceptional demolition services, including oil tank removal.
Nearby Places for Tank Removal
Tank Removal Tips for Riverdale, MI
Tips for Removing Tanks
The History of Oil Tanks
- 1859 — Oil is discovered and stored in wooden barrels.
- Late 1800s — The first steel storage tanks are produced to keep valuable oil safe.
- 1922 — First standards for steel storage tank safety are developed.
- 1930s — Underground storage tanks are now the preferred storage method, opposed to the previously preferred above ground storage tanks.
- 1960s — Tank owners grow more frustrated and more concerned with oil loss due to tank corrosion.
- 1970s — Concerns begin to spread regarding the environmental impact of oil tank leaks.
- 1988 — The EPA sets a deadline for upgrading underground tank systems, putting new tank regulations into place.
- 1990s — Many begin closing and removing their tanks due to the widely known environmental and health risks.