Best Demolition Companies in Boston, MA
Find the right contractor to demolish and remove anything
America's #1 Source for Local Demolition Experts
Nearby Places for Demolition Contractors
Demolition Tips for Boston, MA
Tips for Handling Boston, MA Demolition Projects
What is required to demolish a building in Boston?
In order to demolish a building or structure in the city of Boston, you must first apply for and obtain a demolition permit.
The type of permit required for a building demolition is called a short form permit. You can apply for this permit online or by visiting:
The City of Boston's Building Division
Building Division, Counter 1
1010 Mass Ave
Boston, MA 02118
What information will I need for my permit application?
The City of Boston requires the following information in order to be approved for a building permit:
- Proof that you have obtained approval from the Landmarks Commission if the property is historic, or near a structure or property that is of historic significance
- Department of Environmental Protection approval for all hazardous materials
- Proof that you have had a licensed exterminator survey the property
- A shut-off notice showing that all underground utilities have been or will be disconnected prior to the demolition taking place
- Proof that you have obtained a fire department permit
- A signed agreement stating that you will comply with the state building and zoning codes
How much does demolition cost?
While demolition costs vary for a number of reasons—like project type, project size, where you live, and more—knowing the average cost of your specific type of project will help you know what a good deal looks like.
- House Demolition: $4,000-$14,000
- Barn Demolition: $1,200-$15,000
- Interior Demolition: $500-$12,000
- Mobile Home Demolition: $2,600-$6,550
- Inground Pool Removal: $3,500-$7,000
- Above Ground Pool Removal: $2,000-$3,000
- Oil Tank Removal: $1,300-$3,000
Keep reading: Demolition 101: A Beginner’s Guide