Every year, thousands of people across the United States begin to contemplate demolishing their house. The reasons vary, but the initial question is almost always the same:
'How much does it cost to demolish this house?'
- House Demolition Cost: An In-Depth Guide
- How Much Does Demolition Cost per Square Foot?
- 3 Simple Tips to Lower the Cost of Demolishing a House
- The Homeowner's Guide to Demolishing a House
- Should I Demolish and Rebuild or Renovate My House?
Average Cost of House Demolition in the U.S.
The national average cost to demolish a house is $9,380.
However, keep in mind that the price you pay may be more or less than the average cost.
Factors impacting house demolition costs include:
- the size of your home
- the age of your home
- environmental issues (e.g. asbestos, lead, etc.)
- where the house is located
- your city's specific requirements regarding demolition
Sample House Demolition Projects
Below are some examples of what people have paid for their house demolition in the United States.
These prices include demolishing the home, hauling away the debris, and returning the site to grade.
|Location||House Size & Description||Final Cost|
|Marshallville, GA||2,500 sq. ft. two-story house||$5,000|
|Wise County, TX||1,100 sq. ft. house with slab and pier & beam foundation||$6,000|
|Culver City, CA||2,000 sq. ft. house with no basement||$10,000|
|Long Beach, NY||1,000 sq. ft. home damaged by hurricane||$9,700|
|Richfield, OH||1,200 sq. ft. house with garage||$5,000|
|Lake Park, GA||2,000 sq. ft. two-story house on concrete slab||$8,000|
|Lemoore, CA||1,000 sq. ft. single-story house with no basement; asbestos was also removed||$8,200|
|Great Falls, VA||1,800 sq. ft. multi-level house with basement, crawlspace, and slab||$11,000|
|Lenoir, NC||1,300 sq. ft. house||$4,200|
|Senoia, GA||3,500 sq. ft. house with basement||$13,800|
|Fairfax County, VA||1,200 sq. ft. two-story house with a basement||$10,000|
|Rancho Santa Fe, CA||15,000 sq. ft. home with extensive fire damage; the foundation was also removed||$75,000|
- 7 Keys to Successfully Hiring a Demolition Contractor
- Demolition 101: A Beginner's Guide to Demolition
- The Difference Between a Contractor's Bond, License, and Insurance
- 13 Must-Ask Questions to Side-Step Contractor Scams